The Northwestern University Research Administration Professionals (NURAP) brings together NU staff from across the university with the aim of improving institutional cohesiveness in research administration and fostering professional excellence among its members. As scholarly inquiry becomes increasingly collaborative, NURAP endeavors for a diverse membership of research support professionals in departments, divisions, centers, schools and central administration units. With an emphasis on operations and organizational management, NURAP will provide an educational forum to discuss current policies, exchange best practices/ideas and network. In this way, NURAP will strengthen the enabling infrastructure as described in NorthWEstern WILL (Northwestern, 2011).
The Steering Committee
NURAP is led by a steering committee responsible for the administrative, programmatic, and fiduciary aspects of the organization. The FY18 steering committee members are:
- Nathan Youngblood, President, Mechanical Engineering
- Juleen Morford, Vice President, Institute for Public Health and Medicine
- Vacancy, Secretary
- Maura Cleffi, Northwestern Argonne Institute of Science and Engineering (NAISE)
- Helaine Miller, Institute for Sustainability and Energy at Northwestern (ISEN)
- Susan Hall-Perdomo, Center for Sleep and Circadian Biology
- Jody Hirsh, Chemistry of Life Processes Institute (CLP)
- Rebecca McNaughton, Office of Research Development (ORD)
- Brittany Patrick, University Research Institutes & Centers Administration (URICA)
- Brent Bell, FSM Basic Sciences Administration
- Maria Galent, School of Communication
- Elzbieta Klapczynska, Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences Research Administration
- Yael Mayer, Biomedical Engineering
The steering committee membership is further grouped into four standing subcommittees, responsible for creating the strategy and accomplishing the activities of the organization. The subcommittees are:
Continuing Education (Brittany Patrick, Yael Mayer and Brent Bell, Co-Chairs) – plans and manages the bi-annual Certified Research Administrator (CRA) exam training sessions
Membership (Susan Hall-Perdomo and Helaine Miller, Co-Chairs) – oversees maintenance of the listserv , manages outreach to potential members, organizes networking events
Programming (Maura Cleffi, Maria Galent and Elzbieta Klapczynska, Co-Chairs) – plans and implements the monthly NURAP at Noon events
All NURAP Members are welcome to participate in the meetings of the subcommittees by joining as ad hoc members.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.